MOUNT PLEASANT, N.C.-- Some parents of the teens who were burned at a house party over the weekend want the person responsible to be charged. Three teenagers were hurt when a bottle of gasoline was thrown in to a bonfire Saturday night in Mount Pleasant.
Donnalee Parkin's 16-year-old son's coat caught fire, but luckily he was not hurt. His girlfriend, however, 16-year-old Kendall Bolton, was badly burned and returned back to the hospital Monday with complications.
Parkin sent a letter to the Cabarrus County sheriff asking why no one has been charged.
"I mean it was the person's intention to cause harm," she said. "Whether he meant to cause harm to certain people or thought it was a practical joke or was drunk or whatever the case may be, he has to be held responsible for what he has done to three teenagers."
The sheriff's office did not respond to requests for comment. The Mount Pleasant Fire Department says the fire marshal's office is investigating the incident.