RALEIGH -- Time is running out for sixth graders to get their booster shots.
State law requires sixth graders to get the Tdap or tetnus diptheria pertussis vaccine. There's a 30-day grace period after the start of school for students to get vaccinated, otherwise children face suspension.
Wake County Human Services will continue its free Tdap clinics through this week.
• September 14, 2009 - Millbrook Human Services Center 2809 E. Millbrook Road, Raleigh
• September 15, 2009 - Western Wake Center 150 Cornerstone Drive, Cary
• September 16, 2009 - Northern Regional Center 350 E. Holding Ave., Wake Forest
• September 17, 2009 - Eastern Regional Center 1002 Dogwood Drive, Zebulon
• September 18, 2009 - Southern Regional Center 130 North Judd Parkway, Fuquay-Varina
There will be no charge for the vaccine and clinics will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents are asked to bring their child's immunization record at the time of visit.